Thursday, October 11, 2012

Not your typical day yesterday.

I am a pretty blessed girl and I have some people who really love me.  A few of which have donated their garden produce to me to juice at my will.  It has saved us a little bit of money and I am so thankful for that.

When I was home for Thanksgiving, we raided my Auntie E's garden of kale, broccoli and parsley.  Another very special woman, A, gave us a bag full of chard.  When we got home, I got to juicing.  I juiced two huge garbage bags of kale, did up the broccoli and parsley and then the chard.  The juicing guru's would say it's a no-no to freeze your juice, but like I read in one book, "It is still better than your friend who reaches for the coffee or diet pop in the afternoon."  I am sticking with that theory.

Just because of where we live I was concerned as to how expensive juicing would become through the winter months.  Not only that, but the organic produce starts to look a little shotty.  So I am thankful that I got a bit of a supply when there isn't really anything in the store and when it gets too pricey!



 
C and I juiced for 7 hours between the usual juicing and cleaning.  We bagged it all and then I froze it in thing layers so it will thaw quickly.  I know I also juiced some caterpillars, spiders and grass.  I am tying not to think of that part though, it is hard enough to drink it all on its own let-a-lone thinking of what is/could be in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment