Saturday, January 21, 2012

Let me clarify.

I hope I didn't sound harsh on my last post. It was NEVER my intention to offend anyone. I need you to understand something... I am still a girl. I still worry about the zit on my face (the reach out and slap you one I have right now), the 50+ pounds I have to loose (which we all know did not go to my boob's or even one!) and my boyish hair right now.

The difference between who I used to be and who I am now is that I am trying very hard to not let it be my focus. I am trying to love me at whatever stage I am in. I am trying to love what my body is for the mere fact that it is alive. I am trying to appreciate the way I look because I know it could be a lot worse.

We never know to the extent of what someone else is going through unless we have been there ourselves. I pray you are never here. I just wanted to try and explain how I really felt when I was at that time in this journey. It was painful, frustrating and depressing. But, it is over now and I can focus on the next curve in the road that is approaching in my life.

I don't ever want to be the girl who "has been through cancer and has had it so much worse so we better never complain to her about anything!!" I am like you... still... but maybe on a smaller scale and a little less concerned. We are all human and we all struggle with how we look and most certainly what others are thinking when they look at us. My wish for all of you is that you care a little less and love yourself a little more.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you haven't offended anyone, well maybe those looking to be offended. Love your real messages:)

    ReplyDelete