Thursday, August 2, 2012

I used to write poetry all the time...

The person you remember.

I don’t want to be the one you remember,
I want to be alive.
I don’t want to watch the ones I love from afar,
I want to feel them thrive.

I don’t want to be a passing memory,
The one who slipped away.
I want to be here, on this Earth!
And live to my oldest days.

I want to watch my children grow,
I want to watch them try,
I want to be here when life gets hard...
And be here when they cry.

I want to hold my husband’s hands,
And feel them age between my own.
I want to look back on our life,
See how we’ve tried, failed, changed and grown.

I don’t want to be the one who made you laugh,
Who could brighten up your day.
I want to put my arms around you and tell you -
"Everything will be ok."

No comments:

Post a Comment