Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chemo pains

I have honestly felt really, really good on this new chemo. Yesterday we did a bunch of yard work and it felt so good to be out there in the earth, digging and picking rocks. I know that sounds cheesy, but I haven't done much of anything lately, so it was amazing! It was nice to work along side our family and not just watch from the window. And I got to see how strong of a woman my mom-in-law really is as she manned that rototiller like it was nothing. After suffering a broken leg twice, she just keeps on going. That is the kind of woman I want to be.

I am not sure today if I am sore from the yard work, or from the chemo. Like I said earlier, I have had little to no nausea and have felt pretty amazing the past three days. However this morning when I woke up, my hips and knees, were bothering me. It is not really painful, just uncomfortable. And I feel like my face looks like a big, red, balloon. I just feel swollen and sore. But I would take this any day over the last three cycles of chemo.

So currently, I am sitting in our bed, in all my beauteous glory, missing church and thinking about life. I am so happy that I can hear the birds outside. I am so happy that the sun is shining. I am so happy that I got to have a wonderful day yesterday at our little friend's baptism. She looked so beautiful. I am so happy that even though my children are coughing like freaks, they are still smiling and were so happy to go to church. I am so happy that my husband still kisses me even though I do not feel or look like me. I am happy that he loves me for me. I am so thankful for all that has been done for us and I will NEVER stop being thankful for that.

I may be a little sore and uncomfortable, but I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment