Friday, July 15, 2011

New Chemo

Well yesterday I was at the hospital for 5 hours getting my new chemo. So far it is WAY better than the last round of chemo that I did. I have had little to no nausea. I feel pretty good.

As this cycle of chemo will completely wipe out my immune system, I will have to inject myself with a drug that stimulates the growth of my neutrophils (baby white blood cells I think) so that I do have an immune system to fight with. If my counts are up, then the next round of chemo I won't have to do as many injections, and if they are down then I will do more.

I really have to watch for signs of fever this time. And if we travel I will have to take my little sheet with me saying that I can have immediate attention so that I don't die within two hours. Seriously, I am not over-reacting. This is the part that freaks me out but again, I know I am in good hands and I will keep a close eye on myself. Please don't think I am rude if I don't hug you, I just really want to be safe. But know that I want to. :)

Thanks again for all your support, love and prayers on our behalf. We couldn't have got this far without you and the blessings of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment