Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Greatest Blessing

On Friday morning, Ken and I went to the hospital to meet with Dr. M. He is the oncologist in charge of doing the radiation. He is very, very nice. We chatted with him for a while about how things will probably work out. If I can stay on track with chemo, then I will go to Kelowna mid September to get marked up for radiation. Fingers crossed I will start that at the end of September. I will go for five and a half weeks as I do want to do reconstruction on my boobie. He said (my interpretation) that doing it at a lower dose will be better for recon afterwards. It will be better for the skin. So that is fine. We were thinking that we would be there for five weeks anyways, so five and a half is not a biggie.

FINALLY!!!!! after chatting for a while, he told us the highly anticipated results of my last CT scan. The spots on my lungs and spleen have not changed, indicating that they are most likely lesions from being sick at some point in my life! I think I had a perma-grin plastered on my face for the rest of the day. And still do when I think of it. It is the best news that we have had all along. It was hard to wait 9 weeks to have the repeat scan done to see if anything had come of it. I hope I NEVER have to hear those words "deemed incurable" in my life. But if I do, I will fight with all I have. But for now, it is out of my vocab!

In the Book of Mormon, in the Doctrine and Covenants chapter 84:88 it reads, "... I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." This is completely true. No matter what is happening all around us in this world, the Lord is here with us, "bear[ing] us up." And for that, I am truly grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Great news G! Keep on fighting, you have a huge cheering squad!
    Love ya!
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!! That's great news!! So happy for you guys!! Love you!!
    Love, Linda xoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete