Saturday, April 7, 2012

Our Dear Redeemer

Of course at this special time of year, my thoughts are once again turned to our Savior. He is amazing, full of grace, loving and most importantly... our own Brother!


(Liz Lemon Swindle paints these stunning pictures. She is one of my favorite artists)

I am overwhelmed with feelings of our Brother's journey and life and love for me. He was such an example. He has taught me to have faith and trust in his sacrafice and in our Father in Heaven.



This is one of my most favored pictures. It kept me going when I felt all was lost. It helped me know that I was never alone. It reminds me always that He lives and that he is here and we are entitled to His strength all the time, no matter our situation.

My favorite hymn is "I know That My Redeemer Lives". These are it's words and I know they are true.

I know that my Redeemer lives;
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living Head.

He lives to bless me with His love,
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed,
He lives to help in time of need.

He lives triumphant from the grave,
He lives eternally to save,
He lives all glorious in the sky,
He lives exalted there on high.

He lives to grant me rich supply,
He lives to guide me with His eye,
He lives to comfort me when faint,
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.

He lives to silence all my fears,
He lives to wipe away my tears
He lives to calm my troubled heart,
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly Friend,
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death:
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives, all glory to His Name!
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives,
I know that my Redeemer lives!





I am thankful for my Savior and my friend, Jesus. I am thankful for his example. I am thankful for his comfort in my times of need. I am thankful for his strength and love for all. This gives me nothing but hope and faith that I too can one day be more like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment