Sunday, May 6, 2012

Filled

Today my day was filled with a handsome, freckle faced boy, in a dusty grey shirt, yellow belt and a tie to match.  He was tall on me and looked to old to be my own.  His beautiful blues sparkled as he shyly showed me the outfit that Ken and him had picked out for church.  He is growing and I am so thankful for every moment that I get to stare at this boys face.  He melts my heart.  He is strong, caring, crazy and all mine.

She was beautiful today.  I watched her long, lean legs and cute, round, naked bum as she pulled the elastic from her braid and got ready for her bath this morning.  It wasn't too long ago that I used to hold that little bottom in my hand with her little baby body, half hanging over my shoulder...  Her milky complexion and adorable upturned nose catches my attention at any moment.  Especially when she is staring at me through her strands of loose hair with her big blue eyes; most often a giggle just ready to escape her lips.  She reminds me of me. 

Today my little guy, dressed himself, by himself.  He wore a stained white t-shirt, black dress pants, a  grey vest and a green and brown tie.  He was equally as handsome as his big brother.  When we got home from church, he donned a pair of green Nike shorts and a grey shirt that was an 18 month size that said "Mommy's little prince".  It is true.  He ditched the shorts while we all watched a movie and I couldn't stop staring at his knobby little knees and his grey socks with black heels and toes, pulled up to his calves.  He is growing.  He is changing.  His little tummy is lengthening out as he does and his chubby baby fingers are loosing their pudge and dimples.

Moments like these I bathe in and soak up as many details as I can.  They are precious.  They are a gift.  They are the reasons that I will live and love and laugh.  They are why I keep going.  They are why I keep trying.  They are why, I will never give up. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog!! You have so many awesome reasons to keep going, Kiddo!! Never give up!! Love you!!
    <3 Linda xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that one made me cry. You are an inspiration to all of us mothers out there. I need to be reminded to soak in all of the little things and be thankful for every moment I have with my babies. You are always in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete