Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sentimental-ness

Today I was at the bank.  As one of the tellers slammed her stamp into the ink pad I was all of a sudden 6 or 7 years old and at my Mom or Dad's side; high white counter tops all around and a brown/tan brick floor.  Later in the afternoon I was brushing my teeth.  The cool air floating in from the bathroom window, combined with smell of my minty toothpaste brought me back to all the happy memories that pop up when I think of our childhood vacation area, Fairmont. 

As I was preparing supper, C climbed up on me and wanted to see what I was making.  While I was sauteing the onions and garlic with this little man on my hip I was brought back to, not all that long ago, when I had my babes perched on my hip as I was preparing everything and anything.  And you know what?  I actually longed for it. 

So as I reflected on the things that took me back throughout my day, I was thankful for memories and smells and feelings and their strong ability to take us back... and help us remember those cherished memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment