Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh my heart...

My heart is so full this evening with gratitude, hope and love.  I know I have told you before that I always seem to receive notes and little things, just when I need them.  Again, the hand of the Lord is ever present in my life. 

I am so touched with the love that people have for me and my family and our fight right now.  I can't believe (well I can - there are so many good people in this world!!) how much family, friends and complete strangers have done for us.  I honestly don't know where to start.  I wish I could send everyone a personal thank you note and give each and every person a hug.  I know it wouldn't be much, but know that is how I feel about you!

I have to mention a few things that happened to me today.  I got a note from a lady who's husband passed away from the awful pancreatic cancer.  She gave me encouragement and I needed it at that exact moment.  I had just been cleaning up K's bedroom, putting away all of her books and thinking how much we loved reading them and how many more are there that we do need to read together.  Then I was a little mad, frustrated and beat down.  We used to read them when I was healthy and happy.  I felt the bitterness starting to wash over and my thoughts turning towards a total negative melt down.  I came out of her room after tucking her in to check freakin' FB and noticed that there were a few messages for me.  Like I said, exactly when I needed it.  It turned me right around and gave me hope.  I can't tell you how far a little support goes.  It is nice to know that even though I am walking right into on-coming traffic, there are still a few who believe that it is the way that I need to go, to get where I am going to.

It is amazing the strength we can give to one another.  Even if we have never met.  Your words and kindness can go a long way in helping out others.  Please don't ever forget that.  You never know the impact you can have on anothers life even if what you do seems so small and insignificant.

This brings me to my next thing that has happened today.  In our home town, an auction is going on right now to raise MORE money for our family.  One, sweet little boy decided that he wanted to help out.  So he used his own money to buy two boxes of Smarties to donate.  One current bid is at $80.00 and the other $40.00.  My heart is so full.  I can't even express how I feel at the moment.  Little T, I just want you to know how special you are.  How you have touched not only my heart, but many, many others.  You are an amazing little man.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart, more like the tips of my toes, for helping us. 

I can't wait to be able to give back to my family, my friends and my community.  You have all done so much for us.  The smallest gestures don't go un-noticed and there aren't words to describe how we feel for your love and generosity.  I think I have used up my big word quota for the day.

I love you guys!  And thank you.... again.... over and over...

No comments:

Post a Comment