Saturday, June 25, 2011

...

Well, I have removed the barf bucket from our bedroom again today, back to the garage.... it should be in there forever as far as I am concerned. But I don't think I will be needing it. I made it through this time as well without any barfs! Yay for small miracles! That's not to say that I don't feel really gross, but I can deal with that. One of the grossest things is the taste in my mouth for about a week after treatment.... that sucks!! I brush all the time, eat sugar free candies and chew lots of gum, but sometimes that all just adds to nausea. I try to get lots of fluid down, but that is also nauseating. I have tried warm tea's, low cal and sugar drink packets, water, pop... I just don't feel like drinking, I really have to force myself to do it. I used to drink about three litres of water a day, not even close now.


I have been feeling more optimistic though as I have read through a couple of blogs of other women. One is around the same age as me, mother of three and she is a "Survivor" of two years now. The other is a 23 year old girl who had to have a double mastectomy after her chemo protocol. And her Mom ended up going through her second bout of breast cancer while her daughter was, and she also had to have a mastectomy. Doing it together. That would have been hard.


The stories of these amazing women lifted me up and made me want to fight with all I have to be able to wear that "Survivor" tee-shirt. I am excited to be able to get one. :) And it was really nice to read mostly about their small triumphs; slowly along the way. Moments that brightened their journey, that brighten mine. I am thankful for women who are so openly honestly about their dark hours and their days full of light. I am thankful that I am not alone... from many, many aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment