Thursday, January 3, 2013

Quick update

This is all I have time for.  The past few days have been... crazy! (is not even the word to describe it).

We did a quick trip, overnight to Lethbridge to go to the temple and have some fun with our family over there.  Well, such is life, and it comes fast and furious.  By the time we were out of the temple we had about 12 phone calls to have appointments set up all over the acre for us in the next 5 days.

We had some delicious supper, packed the care, left the kids and got home at midnight.  I have not been sleeping so I have been up since 230am, out of bed since 430.  We are heading in this morning for some blood work at the Cranny hospital, and then we will be dashing over to Kelowna for an MRI tomorrow at some point.  I have an appointment with our Oncologist in Kelowna on the 8th and it seems that we will be starting some lower dose radiation on my full brain, followed by a more pin point approach to the crap at the back.

The MRI will give us a better idea of what is going on in there.  I have full faith in Dr. M.  I love this man and I think he is brilliant.  I know I am in good hands and I am honestly not that worried.  We gotta do what we gotta do.  I just want to have as much brain function left when all is said and done.  I don't think exhaustion is helping me deal with anything well at all.  I would love to do down for a long winters nap at this point.

Again, I know this sounds redundant, but we just want to thank you for all of your love and prayers on our behalf.  We are thankful for all the kindness that has been shown, people are so amazing!!!  Thank you for the meals, offers to do anything anytime any place, help with our kids and our family, cooking, cleaning... everything.  I can't wait for the day when I am healthy enough to pay it forward.  Thank you for your encouragement and positivity... this is what we need!!

We will post more info once we have it.  Love to you all and hope that your new year has started out brilliantly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment